1tbs minced garlic
1 ¼ cup flour
1 cup water
2 tsp baking powder
1 onion finely chopped
½ cup chopped green onion
½ cup chopped celery
Tabasco garlic hot sauce
Black pepper to taste
1. Rinse salted cod under cold running water
2. Bring 6 cups of water to a boil and add salted cod to boiling water for approx. 10 minutes.
3. Drain water and boil for a second time 20 minutes
*If cod is still salty you may need to boil for a third time
4. Shred cod with a fork and set aside
5. Sift flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl then ½ cup of water
6. Whisk flour and water mixture, gradually adding the other ½ cup of water
7. Pour in 1 beaten egg and continue whisking
8. Add the onions, celery, ¼ cup green onions, black pepper
9. Fold in shredded cod
10. Add Tabasco garlic hot sauce to taste
11. Spoon batter into hot oil and fry until golden brown
Be sure to monitor closely so as not to burn the accras
Use wax paper to absorb excess oil before serving.
Use the remaining green onions to garnish and serve with hot sauce on the side.