Bread pudding is a simple dessert that can be done is so many different ways. I love adding fruit to my bread pudding, especially pineapples. The recipe below however calls for white chocolate. The sweetness of the chocolate, coupled with the bourbon sauces makes for an amazing marriage of flavors. One bite can send your taste buds on a journey that's sure to delight!
1 baguette, diced (french bread)
2 cups milk
3/4 cups granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp ground cinnamon
4 oz white chocolate
* Dice baguette, place in a baking dish and set aside
* Preheat oven to 350F
- In a mixing box, whisk 3 eggs
- Add sugar and continue whisking until sugar dissolves
- Pour in the milk, vanilla extract and sprinkle cinnamon. Mix well.
- Sprinkle chocolate chunks into the bread, then pour in the milk mixture
- Using a fork press bread into the milk to soak up the milk.
- Let sit in the milk for at least 10 minutes then place in the oven.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown .
For Bourbon Sauce
Melt 6oz of butter in a sauce pan. Pour in 3 tbsp of brown sugar and whisk until sugar dissolves. Add 1/2 cup buttermilk combine the ingredients and let simmer until mixture begins to thicken. Pour in 2 tbsp of bourbon into the mixture. Give it a stir and allow to thicken a bit more.
Pour over bread pudding and serve.