Having a cup of coffee in the morning? Get yourself a slice of banana nut bread to go with that! Or maybe have it for dessert "a la mode".
- 1 1/4 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled, and mashed with a fork
- 1 cup toasted shelled walnut pieces
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
PreparationPreheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Whisk the eggs and vanilla together, set aside. Lightly brush your loaf pan with butter and sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl, set aside.
1. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Gradually pour the egg mixture into the butter while mixing.
3. Add the apple sauce then the bananas and fold into the mixture.
4. Mix in the flour mixture until thoroughly incorporated.
5. Fold in the nuts then transfer the batter to the prepared pan
6. Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
7. Cool the bread in the pan for about 5 minutes then remove from the pan and let cool on a wire rack.