2 lbs Gold potatoes
2 lbs Ground lamb
1 Small red onion, grated
1 Large carrot, grated
1/2 Cup White mushrooms, chopped
2 tsp Garlic, crushed
Tony Cachere's Creole Seasoning
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup red wine
1/2 cup chicken stock
4 oz tomato paste
1/4 cup heavy cream
3 tbs butter
- Peel and dice potatoes and place in pot of boiling salted water until fork tender.
- Mash potatoes and mix in butter, heavy cream, salt, pepper and Parmesan. Keep warm
- Heat olive oil in pan then add meat and brown
- Add salt, pepper, creole seasoning, onions, mushrooms and carrots to meat and saute
- Stir in tomato paste then pour in red wine and allow to reduce.
- Pour in chicken stock and let simmer for about 5minutes more.
- Scoop meat and place in a casserole dish.
- Spoon the mash potatoes over the meat and smooth with the bottom of a spoon.
- Use a fork to give potatoes peaks then place in the oven for 25 minutes.
Serve this up with a delicious fall salad!