2 cups cooked turkey, chopped
2 cups Italian sausage
2 poblano peppers, chopped
2 16oz cans of navy beans, drained
10 oz low sodium chicken stock
1 cup 2% milk
1tbs vegetable oil
- In a large pan (dutch oven) saute onions and pepper in oil until tender
- Add sausage to the pan and crumble meat while you stir until brown
- Add in cumin, chili, oregano and black pepper to taste.
- Stir in beans and chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and let thicken for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Pour in milk and stir in cooked turkey.
- Cook for 3 more minutes then serve
*Optional - top with shredded cheese