2 cups jasmine rice
4 cups water
1 cup chicken broth
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 cup chicken livers, finely chopped
1lb ground sirloin
1 small red onion, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
1/2 a bell pepper, chopped
2 green onions, chopped
1 tbsp Tony's creole seasoning and 1 tsp black pepper (I like my food spicy so I go heavier)
Salt, to taste
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil, add salt and little olive oil to boiling water then add rice. Once rice is finished cooking, remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pan, then add the ground sirloin. Use a wooden spoon to stir the meat and break up big clumps.
- Once the meat starts browning, add the onions, peppers and celery. Keep browning the meat and stirring making sure the ingredients. Lower your heat to medium and use the wooden spoon to scrape the bottom of the pan (we don't want anything sticking to the pan!)
- Mix in the chicken livers and allow to cook for about 7 more minutes.
- Add the creole seasoning and black pepper, then pour in the chicken broth. Turn up the heat and let the liquid reduce.
- Pour the rice into the pan and toss with the meat. Make sure everything is mixed thoroughly.
- Turn off the heat, add the green onions and toss again.
Serve hot and enjoy!!
Find out more about Tony Chachere's