2lbs chicken wings
1 cup sliced carrots
1 small red onion, sliced
1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 tsp garlic
2 tbsp spicy brown mustard
2 tbsp sesame ginger marinade
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp chili powder
Salt and crushed black pepper to taste
- Wash and clean chicken removing any feathers that may not have been removed pre-packaging
- Season chicken with onions, bell peppers, garlic, spicy brown mustard, paprika, chili powder, sesame ginger marinade, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Marinate in the fridge for about 1 hour.
- In a dutch oven, heat oil then add brown sugar. It should take about 6 minutes to caramelize. Now it may get smoky in your kitchen, so be turn on vent fans! The sugar will start to foam and get golden brown. Allow it to get to a darker brown. Use a wooden spoon and to stir and ensure evenness.
- Once your caramelized sugar is at desired color, remove chicken pieces from marinade and quickly to the pot. Brown on both sides.
- Allow excess liquid to reduce
- Add 1 cup of water to remaining marinade and pour into pot.
- Cover and let simmer for about 25 minutes or until liquid has thicken and your chicken is fall off the bone tender
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper if necessary.
Serve hot and enjoy!!