2 cups sweet corn cream style
1/2 lb chunks of salted pork (optional)
1 ear of corn
2 cups milk
1 cup water
2 tbsp butter
2 tsp minced garlic
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp black pepper
1 tbsp creole seasoning
Salt to taste
- Heat sauce pan and melt butter.
- Add garlic, onions and pepper to pot and saute until limp
- Toss in chunks of salted pork and cook for 15 minutes, stirring all the time
- Pour in sweet corn and cup of water, stir with a wooden spoon then cover pot. Cook on medium heat for 15 minutes
- Add milk along with paprika, black pepper, creole seasoning, and salt to taste.
- Cut ear of corn into 3 rounds and add to pot.
- Stir and cook for another 10 minutes or until soup has thickened
Garnish with fresh celery and serve hot.
I also toasted a whole wheat tortilla then cut into 4 triangles to serve with soup