1 box tri-color rotini
5 cups water
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp salt
2 lobster tails
3/4 cup bread crumbs
For cheese Sauce
8 oz sharp cheddar cheese
8 oz pepper jack cheese
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp minced garlic
3 tbs butter
1 tbs flour
1 1/2 cup almond milk (good for the lactose intolerant)
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot then add salt and olive oil. Pour in pasta contents from the box and stir to prevent clumping. Cover pot and monitor.
- Place lobster tails in another pan and cover with water. Boil lobster until outer shell turn bright red in color. Remove from pan, shell and chop lobster into small bite size pieces. Set aside.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and set aside
- In a sauce pan, melt butter, add garlic, black pepper and chopped lobster. Saute for 5 minutes the add flour and whisk. Pour in milk and whisk some more. Keep heat at medium and allow the milk to heat but DO NOT BOIL.
- Turn off heat then add grated cheese to milk mixture. (keep some cheese for topping) Stir until all cheese is melted.
- Pour in the cooked pasta into the cheese sauce and combine well.
- Pour pasta into a casserole dish, top with remaining cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the top forms a golden brown crust.