2 lbs chicken liver
2 tsp molasses
1 tbs adobo all purpose seasoning (sin pimiento)
1 tsp all spice
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp hot sauce
1/4 cup red onions thinly sliced
2 tsp minced garlic
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup water
1 tbsp olive oil
- Clean liver with vinegar and cool running water to remove excess blood.
- Season liver with adobo all purpose seasoning, all spice, 1 tsp garlic, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and black pepper. Mix well with a wooden spoon and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in pan, add onions and garlic and saute until onions become limp and translucent.
- Stir in molasses, then add liver. Keep stirring making sure all pieces of liver is coated with mixture and browned all over.
- Pour in water, stir then cover your pan. Let simmer for 20 minutes. The liquid will begin to reduce and thicken. Adjust seasoning at this time if necessary. Add some more water if it's too thick for your taste.
- Cook for 10 more minutes then turn off heat.
Serve hot over rice, mashed potatoes, or with bread!