- 2 lbs chicken (preferably wings)
- 1/2 cup lentils
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 2 cups rice
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 heaping tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon caramel browning
- 1/4 cup onions, thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper, julienned
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp all spice
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- Salt and pepper to taste
Season chicken in advance with salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, onions, bell pepper, garlic, thyme, paprika and all spice.
- Heat oil, add sugar and allow to caramelize.
- Add chicken wings carefully to avoid splatter. Brown chicken on both sides.
- Pour in 1/2 cup of water and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add lentils and carrots and another 1/2 cup of water. Simmer for 10 minutes or until lentils soften.
- Pour in rice, then spoon in the tomato ketchup. Stir the pot to mix all ingredients.
- Add the rest of the water.
- Cover pot and let simmer until the rice is cooked.
Serve with Cole Slaw on the side...enjoy!!