I wanted to cook something that was tasty, versatile and could last a couple days so I settled on a Pork Rib Roast. I had an idea on the flavors I wanted, something with a little sweetness and a hint of ginger. I did a quick scan of my pantry and everything I needed was right there. Tomorrow I think I'll make pulled pork with the leftovers... YUM!!!
(You will need a slow cooker for this recipe)
|Sweet Ginger Pork Rib Roast|
3lb pork rib roast
4 oz, red wine vinaigrette
2 oz Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup chopped red onions
1/2 cup chopped bell peppers
1 cup baby carrots
1 tbsp minced ginger
2 tsp creole seasoning
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp honey mustard
1 tsp chopped cilantro
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Rinse meat under cool running water then place in a deep dish
- Whisk together all seasoning and pour into marinade syringe. Inject marinade into the meat in as many areas as possible.
- Pour remaining marinade over pork rib , place in your refrigerator and let marinate overnight.
- Remove pork rib from marinade and place in a flat dish. Rub entire pork rib with brown sugar
- Heat oil in a pan and place pork rib in the pan, fatty side down. Brown then careful flip and brown the other side. (approx. 7 minutes per side)
- Place carrots, chopped onions and bell pepper at the bottom of your slow cooker and place pork rib on top.
- Pour the marinade over your meat, cover and set your slow cooker on high for 4 hours, then switch to low for 1 hour.
The pork rib should be so tender that it will easily come away from the bone. Don't forget to leave me your reviews once you've tried it!!
|Finished Pork Rib Roast in Slow Cooker|