Tired of eating plain old rice all the time? Add some Caribbean flair it! I was 13 years old when I first made Calypso Rice in my high school Food and Nutrition class. ...shout out to PSS!!... It is still well received every single I bring it out!
|Served with Orange Pork Chops|
2 cups cooked jasmine rice
1&1/2 cups coarsely chopped tri-color bell pepper
1 cup diced fresh pineapple
2 tsp Goya sazon
1 tsp EVOO
2/3 cup water
- Heat oil in pan and sauté bell peppers until limp
- Add pineapple and sazon and mix using a wooden spoon
- Pour in water and continue mixing
- Bring to a boil and let reduce to 1/2 cup of liquid
- Turn of heat and add rice into pan 1 cup at a time
- Mix well making sure rice is completely yellow/orange in color
Serve with fish, chicken, meat or alone.
This recipe serves 4.