Curry chicken is one of my go to dishes that will never EVER disappoint. I tend to switch up it depending on who I'm cooking for. I sometimes add coconut milk and I sometimes increase or decrease spiciness...again depending on who's going to be eating. The wing is my favorite part of the chicken, and I kid you not...If I am not not stopped, I will literally eat a whole pot of Curry Chicken Wings. Yes ALL 3 POUNDS!!
3 lbs chicken wings
Salt to taste
2 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp crushed garlic
1 tsp crushed ginger
2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
3 tbsp curry powder
1 tbsp allspice
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, julienned
1 lb diced potatoes
Marinade chicken with salt, pepper, 1/2 tbsp garlic, ginger, Worcestershire sauce1 tbsp curry powder and allspice. Set aside for at least 30 minutes.
- In a dutch oven, heat oil then add bell peppers, onions and the other 1/2 tbsp of garlic.
- Saute till limp then spoon in the other 2 tbsp of curry powder. Continue stirring with a wooden spoon until mixture starts to thicken.
- Add chicken and allow to brown on both sides. (about 5 minutes)
- Stir in diced potatoes.
- Pour in water to slightly cover the chicken and potatoes. Cover pan and let simmer for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Taste test and adjust SnP if necessary
Serve hot atop white rice.