You know those days when you crave something so decadent that it's almost sinful? Yes? Ok...I'm sharing one of my guilty pleasure with you. I have a number of lasagne recipes to suit many different types of diets and I will share those with you all, as we go along. However, this one right there throws all rules out the window.
9 oz package of no boil lasagne
1lb ground beef
1lb ground pork
2 tsp adobo con pimiento
1 tsp garlic, minced
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 red onion, chopped
2 tsp dried oregano
32 oz tomato and basil pasta sauce
Bechamel Cheese Sauce
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp flour
1 1/2 cup milk
2 cup mozzarella, cheddar and asado cheese, shredded
Salt & pepper to taste.
Preheat oven to 375F
- Place both ground beef and ground pork in a heated pan. Brown meat and crumble using a wooden spoon.
- Add garlic, adobo seasoning, black pepper, paprika, onion and oregano and combine well.
- Once meat is cooked (no pink left) add pasta sauce and cook for another 5 minute then turn off heat.
- In a sauce pan, melt butter the add flour. Whisk together until smooth and light gold in color.
- Add milk and heat until just about to boil. (DO NOT ALLOW SKIN TO FORM)
- Turn down heat to lowest setting and add 1 1/2 cups of cheese blend. Reserve half cup.
- Continue whisking until mixture is smooth.
- Turn off heat and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare 9" baking pan with cooking spray.
- Pour a layer of cheese sauce in the bottom of the pan, then a layer of pasta, a layer of meat sauce and a layer of cheese sauce.
- Repeat layering process until your pan is full. You should have about 4 layers in a 9" pan.
- Your top layer should be pasta, meat sauce, cheese sauce and sprinkle remaining shredded cheese blend.
- Bake covered with foil for 50 minutes. Uncover, then bake for another 10 minutes or until edges are brown.
- Remove from oven and cool for 20 minutes before serving.