Do you get tired of cooking the same thing the same way over and over? I know I do, that's why I enjoying marrying unlikely items to create bold new flavors. I especially love infusing the flavors of the fruits I grew up with, into my meats and seafood. The recipe below is going to be one of my signature items for entertaining this upcoming football season. It could be yours too!
2 lbs whole chicken wings
2 tsp adobo con pimiento
1 tsp black pepper
1 cup tamarind sauce
*Preheat Oven to 375F
- In a large container, clean chicken with juice of 1 lemon and cool running water.
- Fold wings as pictured, transfer to another container and season with adobo and black pepper. Set aside
- Prepare tamarind sauce see recipe here
- Toss wings in 1/2 cup tamarind sauce and place in a roasting pan in a single layer. (Reserve second half of sauce for dipping)
- Cover with foil and place in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and roast uncovered for 15 more minutes