1/2 cup celery hearts, chopped
1 large carrot, sliced in rounds
1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
1 tsp garlic, minced
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp madras curry
1 cup lentils
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a sauce pan
- Add garlic, onion, celery, carrot and curry. Sauté for 2 minutes then pour in 1/2 cup water.
- Add lentils and continue to stir, thoroughly mixing all ingredients. (about 2 minutes)
- Pour 5 cups water to pan and cook over medium heat until lentils become soft, about 10 minutes. (test by squeezing between your fingers)
- At this time, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook until water has reduced and mixture thickens and appears creamy
Can be served with rice or used as a dip with plantain chips