This is one of my favorite recipes...I know I know...I have many favorite recipes! It's sort of a hearty dish with lots of peppers and onions. The chicken is tender, moist and had great flavor. I get compliments every time I make this so why don't you try it out too!
3 lbs chicken thighs, bone in skinless
1 large lime, juiced
1 tbsp adobo con pimiento
2 tsp Creole seasoning
2 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 red onion, sliced
2 tsp garlic, minced
2 bell peppers, diced
2 cup tomatoes, diced
1 tbsp madras curry powder
2 cups water
1 bay leaf
Salt and pepper to taste
*Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
**Clean chicken under cool running water
- Combine marinade ingredient and marinate chicken for 30 minutes
- Remove chicken from marinade (discard marinade), pat dry and rub them with brown sugar.
- Preheat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet, brown the chicken in hot oil. (about 2 minutes per side and don't burn the sugar!!).
- When browned, transfer to a baking dish
- In a saute pan, heat the other 2 tbsp olive oil and saute the onions and garlic until soft.
- Add the sweet peppers, tomatoes, curry powder, water and bay leaf
- Stir then add salt and black pepper to taste. (I like spicy so I'm a bit heavy handed with the pepper)
- Simmer for about 5 minutes then pour the mixture over the chicken, cover and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake for another 20 minutes
I like having this with a little dressing on the side or smashed potatoes