2 cups flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp brown sugar
2 tbsp softened butter
1 tbsp melted butter
1 cup water, room temperature
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Add the softened butter and with clean hands, combine with the flour
- Add water gradually and keep combining with your hands
- Knead until the dough becomes smooth and pulls away from your hand.
- If using a bread machine, put all ingredients in the mixer, turn on and let the machine knead into a dough ball.
- Let the dough sit for about 30 minutes then separate, to form your bakes for frying.
- Place flat into the airfryer and brush with melted butter
- Set airfryer at 370F for 10 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, open the airfryer. The top should be golden brown. Flip the bakes over, and brush the other side with melted butter.
- Close the airfryer for another 5 minutes or until golden brown
This recipe yields approximately 8 bakes.