1 lb saltfish (salted cod), shredded
1 red onion finely chopped
3 sweet peppers finely chopped
1 tbsp minced garlic
1/2 cup green onions, finely chopped
1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs (+/-)
Black pepper and adobo seasoning to taste
Flour in a platter for dusting and oil for frying
- Remove excess salt from the saltfish. This can be done by boiling and discarding the water it was boiled in. Repeat that process 2 to 3 times.
- Combine the saltfish and all the seasoning including the black pepper adobo
- Next add the breadcrumbs and continue to combine (check consistency and add more breadcrumbs if necessary)
- Heat oil in a pan
- Scoop out portion of about a 2 tbsp of the mix and start forming rolling in your palms to form balls
- Roll the balls in flour to lightly dust
- Place in pan and fry until golden brown.
Serve warm. I like adding a dipping sauce on the side like sweet chili, tamarind or mango sauce.