I made this dish for family during the Christmas holidays and it went down really well. At the time I didn’t really pay attention to what I was doing because I really do not use measurements went cooking. I’ve been asked for the recipe so many times that I decided to take the time to put it on “paper”.
1/2 lb Jumbo Shrimp
1/2 lb Scallops
2 tsp adobo seasoning
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp old bay seasoning
For Coconut Sauce
13 oz coconut milk
1 tsp better than bouillon roasted garlic base
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp old bay seasoning
1 tsp ginger paste
2 bay leaves
2 tbsp chopped cilantro (for garnishing)
- Rinse shrimp and scallops with lemon juice and cool running water
- Pay dry, then season with the adobo, garlic powder and old bay. Set aside for about 15 minutes
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a skillet
- Sear the shrimp and scallops for about 2 minutes on both sides. Shrimp should be opaque but don’t leave too long so as to avoid rubbery shrimp
- Remove from heat and set aside on a plate.
- In the same pan, pour in the coconut milk and turn heat to medium
- Add in better than bouillon roasted garlic base, lemon juice, old bay seasoning ginger paster. Stir and combine well.
- Add in the bay leaves and let the sauce thickens, approximately 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and scallops back into the skillet and toss to coat. Leave on heat for 1 more minute.
- Pour the contents of the skillet into a large serving bowl and garnish with the cilantro