Who doesn't love pancakes pancakes for breakfast, brunch... heck even dinner! I know I do. Unfortunately I can't indulge often because they go straight to my mid section! As much as I know carbs are not my friends, I love them so very much 😞. Consequently, I can on a constant mission to find tasty low carb alternatives. I know I'm not the only one looking so I figured I'll share with you all!
Through trial and error, I've come up with my best version of keto friendly pancakes. These definitely do not sacrifice flavor. I feel the same satisfaction as when I eat regular pancakes, but no guilt. So let's get into it!
1 cup heavy cream
4 large eggs
1/4 cup avocado oil
2 tsp almond extract
2 1/2 cups almond flour
4 tbsp Swerve Sweetener
2 teaspoons baking powder
butter or cooking spray for your pan or griddle. I also used squeeze bottles to dispense batter as uniformly as possible.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy
- Pour batter into squeeze bottles for easy and clean dispensing
If you don't have squeeze bottles, use a 1/4 cup measure to scoop and spread batter in a circle
- Heat your pan or griddle and coat lightly with butter or cooking spray
- Using your squeeze bottle, squeeze out and spread batter into circles. The size is up to you
- Cook until bubbles appear at the top of the pancakes, then carefully flip them over.
- Cook until golden brown.
- Repeat these steps until you've used up all of the batter
- Serve warm with Keto Triple Berry Compôte
This batter can also be used for waffles.