Ok now... don't let the word compôte scare you. It's so simple, you're gonna roll your eyes. It's really just fruit cooked down in liquid and sugar, until it thickens into heavenly goodness. That's it.
This recipe is keto friendly so recipe, so we can't use sugar and we must use fruits that are agreeable to the keto diet. So in comes the berries. In this recipe I use raspberries, blackberries and blueberries.
8 oz Frozen berries
2 tbsp Swerve Sweetener
- In in small sauce pan, add frozen frozen berries. As it begins to heat, the berries will thaw, adding the water needed.
- Add the swerve sweetener and stir until well combined
- Reduce heat and let simmer for about 6 minutes.
- Stir the mixture, and gently break up the fruits, but don't mash.
- Let thicken to your desired consistency and serve warm.
A compôte can be used over pancakes, waffles, muffins, biscuits.... really whatever you like! It also stores well. Pour into a jar and store in the refrigerator or later use.
*If using fresh berries in this recipe, add 2 tbsp water