When I think about comfort food, Shepherd’s Pie is one of the dishes that always comes to mind. The savory flavors of ground lamb mixed with some smooth mashed potatoes just does something to me!
With so many of us becoming health conscious in one way or another, our favorite foods sometimes become no so good for us 😞. However, there are always alternatives that do not sacrifice flavor.
In comes Ms. Cauliflower. Cauliflower is such a versatile food which stands great substitute for many of our carb laden faves.
Check out there recipe below!
7 cups cheesy cauliflower mash
1 lb ground lamb
1 tsp adobo seasoning
1 small onion diced
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 1/2 cup shredded carrots
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp better than bouillon roasted beef base
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup shredded cheddar jack cheese
*Preheat oven to 375°F
- Add ground lamb to hot skillet or cast iron pan and sauté until brown. The lamb will release its own oil. Make sure you break up the ground lamb.
- Add adobe seasoning, onion, garlic, shredded carrots and continue to sauté.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, roasted beef base and water.
- Stir then allow to simmer down.
- Pour in the ground lamb mix in a baking dish (or leave in cast iron pan if practical)
- Top with cheesy cauliflower mash and spread with a wooden spoon
- Top it off with shredded cheese
- Bake for 25 minutes then broil on high for 5 minutes or until cheese is golden brown
Serve warm and enjoy!